Today I finally released the new version of Mobile Tweete (0.7). Some of you might have noticed that I skipped 0.6 which was never released publicly due to it being a very unstable codebase. It had a whole bunch of new features, but the base code kept erroring out. All of these problems have been fixed in version 0.7.
Mobile Tweete 0.7 has a bunch of new features which I decided made it a much more useable experience. I also tried to listen to comments via search.twitter.com and incorporated a bunch of suggestions from users. The new features in 0.7b are:
- Top menus can now be configured
- Individual Quick Action buttons can be turned on/off
- Tweete now supports ‘profiles’ which apply different settings depending on the device you are browsing from
- Change the colours of Tweete by using the colour scheme picker, or use your Twitter colour settings!
- Ability to turn avatars on/off on the timeline
- Search menu item now – uses search.twitter.com api
- Change how many tweets you want to display on each page (max 200)
- Added themes & users can now develop and submit custom themes for inclusion in Tweete
- Turn the header bar on/off
- The ability to enable a restrictive input box or not. i.e. limit input at 140 chars
- Auto-refresh interval can be specified if you would like the page automatically updated
- Customize the ReTweet syntax
- Reading resume line, this basically adds a line on the /home page which points out where you were up to last time you viewed the page so you don’t re-read old tweets.
For more information, you can check the help pages.
I would love to hear what you guys think about the new version :)